Re: RI and restoring dumps

От Matt Beauregard
Тема Re: RI and restoring dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 05:30:49PM -0500, Robert B. Easter wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 December 2000 17:04, Robert B. Easter wrote:
> > Has anyone experienced referential integrity (RI) problems while restoring
> > data from a dump?  Like, if the dump doesn't restore the data in the right
> > order, then primary keys might not be in place before the foreign keys are
> > restored.  I want to know this from people who have experience before I do
> > use RI!
>
> Ok, I'm replying to my own post here, but I was reading another message
> (above) about a FOREIGN KEY that REFERENCES the same table as it is in.  When
> doing a restore of this table, I guess you would have to disable those RI
> checks.  I know it can be done (right?), but how?  Or is this really
> automatic and not to be worried about!? :)

The triggers by whick FK constraints are implemented are the very last
things in the dumpfile, so the data would be loaded into the database
without any constraint checking.  I shouldn't think it possible to
have RI problems with this method of restoration assuming the table
data was consistent when it was dumped.

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233   Fx: +61 2 9361 4633

От: "Robert B. Easter"
Сообщение: Re: RI and restoring dumps
От: brlspam@sperience.com
Сообщение: Re: Help!Can't connect Postgresql JDBC driver