Re: OID and joins

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Re: OID and joins
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 06:18:07PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >     - Any other limitation I don't achieve to view?.
>
> Nope, this is really a relatively standard thing.  The oid column isn't
> special as compared to other columns, aside from the fact that it is
> automatically created.

    ...and isn't preserved in backups by default, causes problems while
seleting from one table into another for purposes of removing a column,
and isn't preserved during cluster generation...

...oh yeah, and it isn't standard, so it'l make it hard to migrate to a
different database system should you need to do that for some reason...

--
Adam Haberlach            |    ASCII   /~\
adam@newsnipple.com       |   Ribbon   \ /  Against

От: Jack V Chung
Сообщение: A couple of pgsql questions
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: A couple of pgsql questions