Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

От Michael Robinson
Тема Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>Actually, the one that gets me is those that refer to it as Postgres
>... postgres was a project out of Berkeley way back in the 80's, early
>90's ... hell, it was based on a PostQuel language ... this ain't
>postgres, its only based on it :(

Yes, and besides, if you call it Postgres, you are certain to offend the
struggling Postgres community.  Those PostQuel language zealots have enough
problems keeping their technology alive as it is without people going around
creating gratuitous brand confusion.
-Michael Robinson

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: Re: lost records --- problem identified!
От: "Mitch Vincent"
Сообщение: Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?