Re: How big a database will PostgreSQL support?

От Marten Feldtmann
Тема Re: How big a database will PostgreSQL support?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello,
>
> Also, in terms of database design, am I better off having one big table
> with 10 million rows or 1000 tables with 10000 rows?

 In terms of speed I've found out, that on large tables with >1000000
rows the speed of inserts and update may be more critical then the
speed for selects - depending on the indices you've defined for that
table.

 If you've more smaller tables the work for insert and updates is
not that problem.

 Marten