Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/2/22 12:24, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a lot of tests and reading about the issue with the "*exclude
> table*" option on *pg_dump*, I found many articles saying that the
> problem has to do with the encoding of the DB. The DB I am testing with
> has a *WIN1252* encoding, so I decided to create a new DB with *UTF8*
> encoding. The following is a list of the actual DBs, being *riopoderoso*
> and *testdb* the ones I tested. As you can see, *riopoderoso* has
> *WIN1252* encoding and *testdb* has *UTF8* encoding. The *pg_dump*
> command worked correctly when testing the *testDB* database. So, this
> proves that encoding is the real issue here. Both DBs have the same
> *Collate* and *Ctype* however, the only difference is the encoding. With
> this in mind, I see that I can set the encoding to *UTF8* and leave
> *Collate* and *Ctype* as shown because, as far as I understand, both of
> them have to do with string comparison (the language used to enter data
> into the DB is Spanish). I will very much appreciate your comments on this.
>
> image.png

Please do not use images for textual information as you end up with the
above in the email archives or in email clients that are text only. The
information is then lost. Copy and paste from the console.

Back to the issue at hand:

1) Did you try the suggestion in the  "Notes for Windows users" for the
riopoderoso database?

2) What was the pg_dump command that you used that worked?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: External psql editor
От: JORGE MALDONADO
Сообщение: Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables