Re: [HACKERS] generated columns

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] generated columns
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] generated columns
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/12/17 15:35, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 10 September 2017 at 00:08, Jaime Casanova
> <jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> During my own tests, though, i found some problems:

Here is an updated patch that should address the problems you have found.

> also is interesting that in triggers, both before and after, the
> column has a null. that seems reasonable in a before trigger but not
> in an after trigger

Logically, you are correct.  But it seems excessive to compute all
virtual columns for every trigger.  I don't know how to consolidate
that, especially with the current trigger API that lets
you look more or less directly into the tuple.

Вложения

От: Jeremy Finzel
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock in multiple CIC.
От: Antonio Belloni
Сообщение: Contributing some code