Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 29 Aug 2023, at 23:38, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 03:11:15PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> Does anyone here use it?
>
> I don't think I've ever used it.  AFAICT it was added with hot standby mode
> (efc16ea) to support 'make standbycheck', which was removed last year
> (4483b2cf).  Unless someone claims to be using it, it's probably fine to
> just remove it.

Having looked a bit more on it I have a feeling that plain removing it would be
the best option.  Unless someone chimes in as a user of it I'll propose a patch
to remove it.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Query execution in Perl TAP tests needs work
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?