Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dmitry Samersoff wrote:

> On 18-Jun-99 Thomas Good wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Billy G. Allie wrote:
> >
> > Billy,
> >
> > I have such a box (running 2.1.2 and pg 6.3.2) and linked no problem (see
> > earlier post) by telling the linker to use /usr/ucblib.
>
> I clearly build 6.5 on my UW using compiler located in /udk
> with one fiew problem in plpgsql:
> compilation of pl_scan.c filed due undeclared
> K_ALIAS ...
> [...]
>
> I can't connect to postgres using UDS,
> probably, because its on disk name has additional simbol ^F
>
> root@its-sp:~/postgresql-6.5/src/pl/plpgsql/src>ls -l /tmp/.s*
> p-w--w--w-  1 postgres        0 Jun 17 22:39 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432^F

I had a similar problem on UnixWare 7.x, except mine had a control-D (most of
the time).  The problem went away after I applied the current patches to the
system (surprise, surprise).

I would suggest bringing your system up to 2.1.3 with all the patches applied. It is a problem with Unixware.  The
othersolution is to only use TCP/IP to

connect to the database, even on the local machine.  You can do this with the
-i option to postmaster.

I hope this helps.

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

От: gravity
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] anyone build postgres 6.5 ( or 6.4 ) on IRIX 6.3 lately?
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Building Postgres