Re: [HACKERS] BSD vs. GPL

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BSD vs. GPL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 01:15:06AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Consider Redhad, Caldera, etc.  They are adding value "on top of" the
> OS, but the kernel is pretty much the same for all of them.  In fact,
> aside from some tweaks, they really aren't involved in enhancing the
> lower levels of Linux, and economically, they really can't.  They could

I beg to disagree. RedHat for instance pays quite some people for working on
GNOME. All of GNOME's software is GPLed and still it seems to make sense for
Debian. Or how about Coral that works on a GPLes installation procedure for
Debian?

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] tables > 1 gig
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Update on my 6.4.2 progress