Re: [HACKERS] BeOS port

От Cyril VELTER
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BeOS port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* I've progess a bit with MyCancelKey and MyProcPort (postmaster
send all that information to the backend with a BeOS kernel port :
nothing is visible on the command line except the port number but datas
don't stays in the port more than a few milliseconds). All Shared
memory segment are also restored in the backend process. But now, I
have a crash in SpinAcquire(OidGenLockId). It seems that SLockArray is
not initialized. Do I need to send it to the backend ?
* BeOS provide a nice implementation of threads (But it's not posix
threads). It could be interesting to adapt postgres to works with
threads but there will be some work whith global variables (which will
be shared by all backends in this case), they should be transfered in
some kind of thread local storage. Is it somethong interesting to do ?
* The Be guy try to improve there posix support but the case of the
fork seem to cause some technical problems and the possible actions
between a fork and an exec are pretty limited.

    cyril

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Update on my 6.4.2 progress
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BeOS port