Re:, A, patch, for, FATAL, 1:btree, BTP_CHAIN, flag, was, expected

От Wayne Piekarski
Тема Re:, A, patch, for, FATAL, 1:btree, BTP_CHAIN, flag, was, expected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On April 26, 1999 I saw a posting in the hackers archive where Hiroshi
Inoue had a patch to solve the BTP_CHAIN flag was expected problem. This
problem is popping up about once per week for me and I really wanted to
install this patch.

Is this patch safe to install on a production database :) or did it have
problems associated with it? The post said it works with both 6.4 and with
the new 6.5 (I am using 6.4.2) so I'd really like to use it but if it
causes more problems than it solves I didn't want to install it.

Anyone got any ideas on whether I should use it? I can't cause the problem
to happen during testing so I'm short of options :)

Also, the only way I've found to get around the problem is to SELECT INTO
another table, drop the problem table, then rename the new one back, and
recreate all my indices and triggers, which can be a real hassle on a
table with a million rows in it :( Is there an easier way to fix this
problem up?

thanks,
Wayne

Wayne Piekarski                               Tel:     (08) 8221 5221
Research & Development Manager                Fax:     (08) 8221 5220
SE Network Access Pty Ltd                     Mob:     0407 395 889
222 Grote Street                              Email:   wayne@senet.com.au
Adelaide SA 5000                              WWW:     http://www.senet.com.au

От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?
От: Wayne Piekarski
Сообщение: Update on my 6.4.2 progress