Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Merrill wrote:
> It looks like you are using SCO UnixWare 2.1.2.  PostgreSQL 6.4.X and 6.5.X d
> compile and run on SCO UnixWare 7, the current version.
>
> I have not been able to compile PostgreSQL 6.5 (or any other version) on
> UnixWare 2.  The main problem seems to be that PostgreSQL uses alloca,
> and I can't find the alloca.h header on my UnixWare 2 system.
>
> SCO has released a newer compiler, often called the Universal Development
> Kit (UDK) which will run on UnixWare 7, UnixWare 2, and OpenServer 5, and
> which will produce a single binary for all three platforms.  PostgreSQL 6.5
> will compile on both UnixWare 7 and OpenServer 5 using SCO's UDK compiler,
> so I assume it would compile on UnixWare 2 using it as well.  However,
> I don't have a UnixWare 2 system with the UDK installed to test this.
>
> I hope this is helpful.
>
> Andrew Merrill
> The Computer Classroom, Inc., a SCO Authorized Education Center
>
> > Does anybody use postgres on this animal?
> >
> >  UNIX_SV its-sp 4.2MP 2.1.2 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR4
> >  UX:cc: INFO: Optimizing C Compilation System  (CCS) 3.0  09/26/96 (u211mr1
> )
> >  Postgres 6.5 current CVS

Under UnixWare 2.x, alloca is in the UCB library (libucb.a ?).  The easist way
to link in alloca is to extract it from libucb.a and either link in the
alloca.o file or put it into the libgen.a library and the link in via -lgen.
Why now just link in lubucb.a you ask?  The are routines in libucb.a that you
do not want to get linked into the object in place of the regular routines
with the same name.  I have ran my UnixWare 2.x system (when I had it) with
alloca in libgen.a with out any problems.

This was the setup I used to compile Postgres 6.3.x when I had UnixWare 2.x.
[Hmmm....  It looks like I should put together a 486 box to run Unixware 2.x
on so that I can test new versions of PostgreSQL on it].

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |