Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Further to my cyrillic charset (--enable-locale) introduced woes, I would like
to add, that when recompiling Postgres 6.5 without --enable-locale now the
query runs reasonably fast and explain gives:

Index Scan using w_k_words_i on words  (cost=1112.13 rows=1 width=12)

instead of

Index Scan using w_k_words_i on words  (cost=3335.38 rows=1 width=12)

The problem as it seems is that the restrictions to use indexes when locale is
enabled are not consistently applied - explain shows that indices will be
used, and the behavior with indexes and without indexes is different (with
indexes it's noticeably slower :-) so indexes are apparently being used...

Apparently (for my current tests at least) the Bulgarian cyrillic
(windows-1251) is handled reasonably well without locale support - untill now
~* didn't work anyway.

Daniel Kalchev

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Aggregates with context - a question