Re: [HACKERS] max backends checking patch

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] max backends checking patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Couldn't postmaster just keep # of backends running
> in some variable, instead of examining BackendList ?

Yes, you could do that way. I just want to keep things simple. There
are three places in postmaster.c where element is deleted from the
BackendList. So you need to insert a code to count down the variable
into those three places. Seems a seed of "maintenance problem" in the
future IMHO:-)

Having a counter inside the dllist module is another idea. If there
were many codes in the backend that counting elemnts in the dllist,
this would be worth to think about. I'm not sure, though.
---
Tatsuo Ishii

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] max backends checking patch
От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!