Re: pg_dump order of operation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump order of operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> In v8.4, I noticed that the tables seemed to be dumped in alphabetical
> order.  Not so much, though, in a multithreaded 9.6 dump of an 8.4 database;
> there's no pattern that I can discern.
> In what order does the 9.6 pg_dump dump tables?

I don't believe the ordering rules have changed materially since 8.4;
it's intended to be by object kind, and within that by name, except
where dependencies force doing something else.

But what are you thinking constitutes the "dump order" in a parallel dump?

От: Raghavendra Rao J S V
Сообщение: Re: Size of the table is growing abnormally in my database.
От: Wilhansen Li
Сообщение: "cache lookup failed for type ####" when running unit tests