Re: 7.5 release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.5 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 02:22:21AM +0200, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>> In the release not I can read:
>> This allows columns to contain arbitrary composite types
>> like rows from other tables. [SNIPPED]
>>
>> Wasn't this alread true on 7.4 ?

> No, this is a new feature.  Did you try inserting anything into the
> tables?

Postgres has always accepted this syntax, but it has not done anything
useful in many years, and when it last did do something useful the
semantics were quite a bit different :-(

Elein has standing to bash me about the change of semantics, but I don't
think the rest of you do ...

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: PG 7.4.3 optimizer choosing sequential scan. Why?
От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Re: Weird...but correct?