Re: weird error message in sepgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: weird error message in sepgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I found this in contrib/sepgsql/expected/label.out:
> SECURITY LABEL ON COLUMN t2
>     IS 'system_u:object_r:sepgsql_ro_table_t:s0';   -- be failed
> ERROR:  improper relation name (too many dotted names): <nothing>

> Contrast with:

> SECURITY LABEL ON COLUMN t2.b
>     IS 'system_u:object_r:sepgsql_ro_table_t:s0';   -- ok

> I guess what's happening is that it's calling makeRangeVarFromNameList()
> with a list of length zero.

> We should either fix the SECURITY LABEL command to catch that case
> beforehand, or fix makeRangeVarFromNameList() to give a proper error
> message, or both.

I think the appropriate error message is probably along the lines of
"column name must be qualified", and it's hard to justify having
makeRangeVarFromNameList emit such a thing.  So this is the fault
of the calling code.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: temporal support patch
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Remove readline notice from psql --version?