Re: allow specifying direct role membership in pg_hba.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: allow specifying direct role membership in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 5/13/21 7:38 PM, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
>> I've attached a small patch that allows specifying only direct members
>> of a group in pg_hba.conf.

> Do we really want to be creating two classes of role membership?

Yeah, this seems to be going against the clear meaning of the
SQL spec.  I realize you can argue that pg_hba.conf doesn't have
to follow the spec, but it doesn't seem like a terribly good idea
to interpret role membership differently in different places.

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes