Re: recover in single-user backend fails

От Wouter Sergeyssels
Тема Re: recover in single-user backend fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your input. Meanwhile we have recovered from a backup.

Lesson of all this, upgrade asap to postgres 8.2?

Thanks,

WS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stark [mailto:greg.stark@enterprisedb.com] On Behalf Of
Gregory Stark
Sent: zondag 7 september 2008 11:50
To: Tom Lane
Cc: Wouter Sergeyssels; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: recover in single-user backend fails

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> The only recovery strategy that I can think of in 8.1 is to blow away
> your WAL with pg_resetxlog, let the database come up in a damaged
> condition, and then try to extract data from it.

Would it work if he rebuilt 8.1 with a "return;" as the first line of
gist_redo() in gistxlog.c and when recovery (hopefully) completes
immediately
drop any gist indexes?

--
  Gregory Stark

От: "Ivan Zolotukhin"
Сообщение: 8.3 on FreeBSD 6.3, sudden performance degradations
От: "Peter Cai"
Сообщение: Re: Very weird problem of "order by" in postgresql