Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> What I actually had in mind was a more SQL-like syntax for copy,
> i.e. no default arguments, all fields required etc. that would we easy
> to bolt on current copy machinery but still use 'SQL' syntax (no . or
> \. or \\. for EOD, NULL for NULL values, quotes around strings ...)

Seems like a reasonable idea, although I'd recommend sticking to the
convention that \. on a line means EOD, to avoid having to hack the
client-side libraries.  As long as you leave that alone, libpq,
libpgtcl, etc etc should be transparent to the copy data format.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: Re: UNION JOIN vs UNION SELECT