Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> [ tab-complete-macrology-v11.patch.gz ]

A couple of stylistic reactions after looking through the patch for the
first time in a long time:

1. It seems inconsistent that all the new macros are named in CamelCase
style, whereas there is still plenty of usage of the existing macros like
COMPLETE_WITH_LIST.  It looks pretty jarring IMO.  I think we should
either rename the new macros back to all-upper-case style, or rename the
existing macros in CamelCase style.

I slightly favor the latter option; we're already pretty much breaking any
hope of tab-complete fixes applying backwards over this patch, so changing
the code even more doesn't seem like a problem.  Either way, it's a quick
search-and-replace.  Thoughts?

2. Why does MatchAnyExcept use "'" as the inversion flag, rather than
say "!" or "~" ?  Seems pretty random.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Getting sorted data from foreign server for merge join