Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?

От Thorsten Schöning
Тема Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Guten Tag Peter J. Holzer,
am Samstag, 10. Oktober 2020 um 10:56 schrieben Sie:

> Do you plan to move some of that reporting to the IoT devices? (Maybe
> equip them with a display with a dashboard, or something like that)

Not necessarily with a display, but something like a dashboard for a
web-UI on the device itself definitely needs to be kept in mind.
Though, some display has been considered as well.

> Because for simply storing a few hundred records which are written and
> read sequentially, an RDBMS of any kind seems overkill. I'd simply write
> them to files.

That's still considered as well and what's done right now. But at some
point we need to maintain individual logical devices where those
telegrams come from anyway. It as well has been considered to store
only metadata in the database and telegrams in files, but as telegrams
are small mostly, this doesn't seem worth it. And because telegrams
are small, we would need some kind of container format anyway to not
run out of inodes and stuff like that too easily.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?
От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: How to migrate column type from uuid to serial