Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The biggest problem is that all of the places that used to say
> "<command><initdb>" when talking about creating a cluster now just say
> "database cluster initialization"--with no link to a section covering
> that topic.  That's not a good forward step.  The part I'm more
> favorable toward that I expect other people to really cringe at is that
> the examples showing how to manually run initdb have all been switched
> to use "pg_ctl initdb" too.

That's easily dealt with ;-) ... just rip out all those parts of the
diff.  I think all that needs to be done in the docs is to list the initdb
option in the pg_ctl reference page.

If you think it's code-complete, let's just commit the code and not
try to have a re-education project going on with the docs.

От: Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Сообщение: bug: json format and auto_explain
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: YAML Was: CommitFest status/management