Re: pg_dump

От Дмитрий Воронин
Тема Re: pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> More specifically, I am not quite understanding the distinction
> between "all cluster" and "global objects."

all cluster is roles, tablespaces, databases with it's content.
global objects is roles, tablespaces.

> What do you have in mind on the implementation side? Do you think
> pg_dump is a suitable baseline, or were you thinking of something
> different, and if so, what?

I think, the baseline is pg_dump. So, pg_dump create a dump of database and it's content. pg_dump must backup comments,
securitylabels (if exists)

in some portable format (see my messages earlier). In our solution we now use proposed way for backup and restore
COMMENTsand SECURITY LABELs on DATABASE).

If my solution is good, I am ready to cooperate with rethinking and rewriting (if needed) mechanism of dumping in
PostgreSQL.

P.S. I already think so, that we needed in rethinking idea of dumping and restore objects if PostgreSQL.

Thank you.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin

От: Stas Kelvich
Сообщение: Re: Cube extension kNN support
От: Robins
Сообщение: Re: Cross-check recent documentation changes