Re: How to rebuild tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to rebuild tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kay-Uwe Michaelis <kum@kumichaelis.de> writes:
> a few days ago my HD crashed. Unfortunally i have only a copy of the PGDATA-directory, no pg_dump-file. I installed
thesame postgresql-version (6.3.2) on another system (tested it with some test-db/-tables) and then copied the
PGDATA-directoryto that computer, but that wan't work. The postmaster start correct but every frontend-command ends
witherrors (can't find db in pg_database).

This should work, if you copy the *entire* $PGDATA directory tree.  You
cannot copy just part (the pg_log file has to be in sync with all the data
files).

BTW, 6.3.2 is very ancient history --- you *really* should update.

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL search engine (Perl)
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL search engine (Perl)