Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing

От Rijo Roy
Тема Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing
Дата
Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing  (Stephen Eilert <contact@stepheneilert.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the advice. Autovacuum is disabled in the environment and I cannot take a call on enabling it back. I can only run manual vacuum on the database as the dev team fears autoanalyze changing the query performance.
Do you still think we don't need to take any actions.

Thanks,
Rijo Roy

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 7:38 pm, Tom Lane
<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rijo Roy <rjo_roy@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am observing a steady increase in age(datfrozenxid) of template0 database in my Postgresql 10 running in a RHEL 6.9Currently, it is at 166846989 and I am not able to vacuum the same as datallowconn is false. Thought of setting it to true and perform a vacuum freeze on the same. Before doing that, I wanted to check whether I should be worrying for something here or can I just go ahead with my plan.

I would leave well enough alone.  Unless you've changed the default
values of autovacuum parameters, that behavior is perfectly normal
and not worrisome.  autovacuum should kick in and do something
about it at 200 million xacts (autovacuum_freeze_max_age).

От: Vick Khera
Сообщение: Re: Settings for fast restores
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing