Re: listening addresses

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: listening addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> How about "no socket created for listening" or some such?

> Or "no socket available for listening"?

"Created" seems better since it's a verb, and focuses attention on the
probability that we tried and failed to make a socket.  "Available" is
too passive; it seems to suggest that the problem is a kernel limitation
or some other outside force, when of course the problem is bogus
configuration parameters given us by the DBA.

But we've already spent far more time on this one message than is
justified ;-)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: listening addresses
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: introduce "default_use_oids"