Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I would like to propose a patch that allows administrators to disable
> `ALTER SYSTEM` via either a runt-time option to pass to the Postgres server
> process at startup (e.g. `--disable-alter-system=true`, false by default)
> or a new GUC (or even both), without changing the current default method of
> the server.

ALTER SYSTEM is already heavily restricted.  I don't think we need random
kluges added to the permissions system.  I especially don't believe in
kluges to the effect of "superuser doesn't have all permissions anymore".

If you nonetheless feel that that's a good idea for your use case,
you can implement the restriction with an event trigger or the like.

От: Gabriele Bartolini
Сообщение: Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Document that server will start even if it's unable to open some TCP/IP ports