Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs

От SODA Noriyuki
Тема Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the reply.

 > SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp> writes:
>> We've encountered failures of "make check", when we put PostgreSQL
>> data directory on a NFS filesystem or a tmpfs filesystem.
>> It doesn't always fail, but fails occasionally.

> Is the NFS filesystem mounted fail-soft?

It's mounted with "hard" option.

> As a rule, database people will tell you to just go away if you
> admit to running a database over NFS.  Its idea of reliability
> is at least an order of magnitude worse than what we consider
> acceptable.

Yeah ;)
But weren't you surprised by the fact that tmpfs doesn't work either,
and fails more quicker than nfs?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
--
SODA Noriyuki

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
От: Luckys
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL internals. Help needed