Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 10 (latest beta) and older ICU

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 10 (latest beta) and older ICU
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> writes:
> PostgreSQL 10 when build with --with-icu requires ICU 4.6 and above.
> (because it searches for libicu using pkgconfig, and pgkconfig support
> significantly changed in ICU  version 4.6)

> However, there are some reasons to build PostgreSQL with older versions
> of ICU.

No doubt, but making that happen seems like a feature, and IMO we're too
late in the v10 beta test cycle to be taking new features on board,
especially ones with inherently-large portability risks.  We could maybe
consider patches for this for v11 ... but will anyone still care by then?

(Concretely, my concern is that the alpha and beta testing that's happened
so far hasn't covered pre-4.6 ICU at all.  I'd be surprised if the
incompatibility you found so far is the only one.)

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump does not handle indirectly-granted permissions properly
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UPDATE of partition key