Re: type privileges and default privileges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: type privileges and default privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> No, I'm pondering having pg_default_acl initialized so that newly
>> created types have explicit USAGE privileges in their typacl column, so
>> acldefault() wouldn't be needed.  (And builtin types would have their
>> typacl initialized analogously.)  I suppose this is how we might have
>> done it if we had invented ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES first.

> I'm not convinced.  That's a lot of catalog clutter for no benefit.

To actually get rid of acldefault, we'd have to do that not only for
types but for all objects with ACLs.  That's a LOT of catalog bulk,
and like Robert I'm not seeing much benefit.  It's not unreasonable
to want the typical case to be small and fast.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: LOCK_DEBUG is busted
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Disable OpenSSL compression