Re: WIP: Rework access method interface

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think that's likely for the best anyway; there are too many catalogs
>> that think a pg_am OID identifies an index AM.  Better to create other
>> catalogs for other types of AMs.

> That means we won't be able to reuse pg_class.relam as a pointer to the
> AM-of-the-other-kind either.

Hm.  So one way or the other we're going to end up violating relational
theory somewhere.  OK, I yield: let's say that pg_am has amname, amkind,
amhandler, and nothing else.  Then we will need SQL functions to expose
whatever information we think needs to be available to SQL code.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Summary of plans to avoid the annoyance of Freezing