Duplicates being removed from intarray on subtraction of another intarray

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Duplicates being removed from intarray on subtraction of another intarray
Дата
Re: Duplicates being removed from intarray on subtraction of another intarray
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/intarray.html

Hi,
I recently ran into an unusual issue with the intarray extension where if
you subtract one array from another the result is *also* sorted and
de-duplicated. The documentation does not seem to imply that this should be
the case, stating only that the operator "removes elements of the right
array from the left array" and not that it also de-duplicates and sorts the
result... It seems to only occur when subtracting an array. Is this the
intended behavior?

SELECT '{3,1,1,2,2,2}'::int[] - 1; --> {3,2,2,2} as you would expect
SELECT '{3,1,1,2,2,2}'::int[] - '{1}'::int[]; --> {2,3} instead of
{3,2,2,2}

I have confirmed that I get the same result when using PostgreSQL 9 through
16 on DBFiddle. See here: https://dbfiddle.uk/i-eXKhFR
I am using the official PostgreSQL 16.2 Docker image for Debian (PostgreSQL
16.2 (Debian 16.2-1.pgdg120+2) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
(Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, 64-bit).

Cheers
Tom

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Locking
От: Greg Sabino Mullane
Сообщение: Discourage splitting pg_wal directory