Re: Problem with constraint exclusion on partitions

От Mike Pultz
Тема Re: Problem with constraint exclusion on partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey David,

> What version are you using?

Sorry, I'm on 9.3.4.

>Now() is a volatile function so the planner cannot omit partitions.
>
>Replace that with a constant and now it can.

I'm not sure what you mean- now() is a stable function:

cloud_test2=# \df+ now()

   Schema   | Name |     Result data type     | Argument data types |  Type
| Security | Volatility | Owner | Language | Source code |       Description

------------+------+--------------------------+---------------------+-------
-+----------+------------+-------+----------+-------------+-----------------
---------
 pg_catalog | now  | timestamp with time zone |                     | normal
| invoker  | stable     | pgres | internal | now         | current
transaction time

it's the timestamp at the start of the transaction- so the planner should
have a set value for all rows.

Am I missing something else?

Mike

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Problem with constraint exclusion on partitions
От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Problem with constraint exclusion on partitions