Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Дата
Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The efficiency bit is probably going to be swamped by the addition of
> the compression handling, given the amount of additional work we're now
> doing in in reform_and_rewrite_tuple().

Only if the user has explicitly requested a change of compression, no?

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?