Re: PG v12.2 - Setting jit_above_cost is causing the server to crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG v12.2 - Setting jit_above_cost is causing the server to crash
Дата
Re: PG v12.2 - Setting jit_above_cost is causing the server to crash  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> This isn't reproducible here. Are you sure that you're running on a
>> clean installation?

> Yes I did a fresh installation using installer provided here -
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgresql

There is apparently something wrong with the JIT stuff in EDB's 12.2
build for macOS.  At least, that's the conclusion I came to after
off-list discussion with the submitter of bug #16264, which has pretty
much exactly this symptom (especially if you're seeing "signal 9"
reports in the postmaster log).  For him, either disabling JIT or
reverting to 12.1 made it go away.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: client-side fsync() error handling