Re: Add PortalDrop in exec_execute_message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add PortalDrop in exec_execute_message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> (I didn't add a Close Portal message to PQsendQueryInternal in pipeline
> mode precisely because there is no such message in PQsendQueryGuts.
> I think it would be wrong to unconditionally add a Close Portal message
> to any of those places.)

Yeah, I'm not very comfortable with having libpq take it on itself
to do that, either.

Looking back at the original complaint, it seems like it'd be fair to
wonder why we're still holding a page pin in a supposedly completed
executor run.  Maybe the right fix is somewhere in the executor
scan logic.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce
От: Greg Sabino Mullane
Сообщение: Speed up pg_checksums in cases where checksum already set