Re: Defining functions for arrays of any number type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Defining functions for arrays of any number type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> writes:
> Is it legal to define a bunch of functions all called `array_to_hist`
> for the different numeric types, and have them all implemented by the
> same C function?

Sure.

(There is a regression test that objects if we try to do that with
built-in functions, but it's meant to catch accidental errors rather
than intentional overloading.  As long as the C code is prepared to
handle all the cases, you can do what you like.)

От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure workflow question
От: Jacob Bunk Nielsen
Сообщение: Re: Next steps in debugging database storage problems?