Re: build farm machine using mixed results

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: build farm machine using mixed results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Frankly, I have had enough failures of parallel make that I think doing
> this would generate a significant number of non-repeatable failures (I
> had one just the other day that took three invocations of make to get
> right). So I'm not sure doing this would advance us much, although I'm
> open to persuasion.

Really?  I routinely use -j4 for building, and it's been a long time
since I've seen failures.  I can believe that for instance "make check"
in contrib would have a problem running in parallel, but the build
process per se seems reliable enough from here.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: too much pgbench init output
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade diffs on WIndows