Re: Duplicate key violation on upsert

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Duplicate key violation on upsert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/21/20 11:05 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 3/20/20 1:32 PM, Matt Magoffin wrote:

>>> Hmm, wonder if you are getting bit by this?:
>>>
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-insert.html#SQL-ON-CONFLICT
>>>
>>> "INSERT with an ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE clause is a “deterministic”
>>> statement. This means that the command will not be allowed to affect
>>> any single existing row more than once; a cardinality violation error
>>> will be raised when this situation arises. Rows proposed for
>>> insertion should not duplicate each other in terms of attributes
>>> constrained by an arbiter index or constraint.”
>>
>> I’m not sure I’m wrapping my head around this. The INSERT affects 1
>> row as the unique values (node_id, ts, source_id) are specified in the
>> statement. Is it possible that da_datum_x_acc_idx is used as the
>> arbiter index in this situation, rather than da_datum_pkey (that I
>> intended), and you’re saying that the jdata_a column is getting
>> updated twice, first in the INSERT and second in the DO UPDATE,
>> triggering the duplicate key violation?
>
> I was thinking more about this:
>
> "INSERT INTO solardatum.da_datum(ts, node_id, source_id, posted,
> jdata_i, jdata_a, jdata_s, jdata_t)
>      VALUES (…) ..."
>
> from your OP. Namely whether it was:
>
> VALUES (), (), (), ...
>
> and if so there were values in the (),(),() that duplicated each other.
>
> As to the second part of your response, ON CONFLICT does one of either
> INSERT or UPDATE. If:
>
> 1) There is no conflict for ON CONFLICT (node_id, ts, source_id) then
> the INSERT proceeds.
>
> 2) If there is a conflict then an UPDATE occurs using the SET values.
>
> Now just me working through this:
>
> da_datum_pkey       = (node_id, ts, source_id)
> da_datum_x_acc_idx  = (node_id, source_id, ts DESC, jdata_a)
>
> If 1) from above applies then da_datum_x_acc_idx will not be tripped as
> the only way that could happen is if the node_id, ts, source_id was the
> same as an existing row and that can't be true because the PK over the
> same values passed.

Well the below is complete rot. If you are UPDATEing then you are not
creating a duplicate row, just overwriting a value with itself.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)
От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)