Re: migration: parameterized statement and cursor

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: migration: parameterized statement and cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2010/1/11 Aleksey Onopriyenko <aleksey.alt@gmail.com>:
> Hello.
>
> We are trying to migrate from Informix 9.4 to PostgreSQL. As part of
> migration we are porting our client application.
>
> So we need reimplement such functionality:
> 1. Declare a cursor using to _parameterized_ SELECT statement. It should be
> possible to specify cursor's name (and, perhaps, the statement) dynamically.

cursors are supported, but parametrised cursors are supported only
inside plpgsql. Maybe you can transform your code to plpgsql function.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/plpgsql-cursors.html

> 2. Open that cursor (in another C-function) passing parameters to it.

only in plpgsql

> 3. Fetch records from result set.

yes

Regards
Pavel Stehule

От: "Leigh Dyer"
Сообщение: Backup strategies with significant bytea data
От: Yan Cheng Cheok
Сообщение: Re: Best Practice when Encounter Invalid Stored Procedure Parameters