Re: parallel make failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: parallel make failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> On 11/09/2011 11:35 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think you have a broken version of "make".  ecpg/preproc/Makefile
>>> is perfectly clear that parser.o depends on preproc.h.

> Either make 3.82 is broken, or there's something about it's behavior
> we don't understand.  We've had other reports of problems with that
> version (by me, just a week or two ago, at least).

I wonder whether it's related to the dummy rule for preproc.h:

preproc.h: preproc.c ;

preproc.c: preproc.y
ifdef BISON$(BISON) -d $(BISONFLAGS) -o $@ $<
else@$(missing) bison $< $@
endif

I'd be tempted to try a non-empty rule for that, perhaps

preproc.h: preproc.c@echo "preproc.c rebuilt"

and see if that makes any difference.

BTW, didn't we establish that it makes a difference whether you launch
the make run from the top level or locally in ecpg/preproc/?  That seems
to me to be prima facie evidence of a make bug.

От: Emanuel Calvo
Сообщение: Re: [Feature Request] \dx show "options"
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Disable OpenSSL compression