Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 8:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So maybe it'd better be __GNUC__ >= 6 not __GNUC__ >= 5.  I think
>> we can wait a little bit for more reports before messing with that,
>> though.

> I've rechecked this in the documentation. no_sanitize attribute seems
> to appear since gcc 8.0.  Much later than alignment sanitizer itself.

Yeah, I'd just come to that conclusion from scraping the buildfarm
logs.  Good to see it confirmed in the manual though.

>> Once this does settle, should we consider back-patching so that it's
>> possible to run alignment checks in the back branches too?

> +1

Let's make sure we have a clean set of builds and then do that.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Detecting pointer misalignment (was Re: pgsql: Implementation of subscripting for jsonb)
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: [POC] verifying UTF-8 using SIMD instructions