Re: ModifyTable overheads in generic plans

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ModifyTable overheads in generic plans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 12:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Indeed, that's a pretty impressive comparison.

> +1. That looks like a big improvement.

> In a vacuum, you'd hope that partitioning a table would make things
> faster rather than slower, when only one partition is implicated. Or
> at least that the speed would stay about the same. And, while this is
> a lot better, we're clearly not there yet. So I hope that, in future
> releases, we can continue to find ways to whittle down the overhead.

Note that this test case includes plan_cache_mode = force_generic_plan,
so it's deliberately kneecapping our ability to tell that "only one
partition is implicated".  I think things would often be better in
production cases.  No argument that there's not work left to do, though.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Binary search in ScalarArrayOpExpr for OR'd constant arrays
От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions