Re: ADD/DROP INHERITS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ADD/DROP INHERITS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> I've implemented most of ADD/DROP INHERITS but it's my first significant piece
> of code at this level. I would appreciate any feedback about it.

I thought we had agreed that the semantics of ADD INHERITS would be to
reject the command if the child wasn't already suitable to be a child
of the parent.  Not to modify it by adding columns or constraints or
whatever.  For the proposed uses of ADD INHERITS (in particular,
linking and unlinking partition tables) an incompatibility in schema
almost certainly means you made a mistake, and you don't really want
the system helpfully "fixing" your table to match the parent.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: ADD/DROP INHERITS
От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: Snowball and ispell in tsearch2