Re: pltcl -- solved

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pltcl -- solved
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
> Just a note that pltcl is now passing regression tests on Unixware.
> For some unexplained reason, it did'nt pass with tcl-8.5 but is ok with
> tcl -8.4.13.

AFAICT there is no "tcl 8.5" yet; there is an alpha release tcl8.5a4
which is stated to still be under active feature development.
I installed it locally and pltcl seems to work OK with it, so I'm not
sure what problem you saw.  One possibility is that the Tcl folk
recommend against building extensions with a different compiler than
was used to build Tcl ... so if you tried to build pltcl with gcc
against a Tcl compiled with Unixware cc, or vice versa, that might be
the core of the problem.

Anyway I'm not too concerned about misbehavior with an alpha Tcl release
--- it's as likely to be their bug as ours.

От: Wade Klaver
Сообщение: Initdb segfaults during "initializing pg_authid"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Initdb segfaults during "initializing pg_authid"