Re: Deprecate custom encoding conversions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deprecate custom encoding conversions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> I propose that we add a notice to the CREATE CONVERSION docs to say that
> it is deprecated, and remove it in a few years.

While I agree that it's probably not that useful, what would we gain
by removing it?  If you intend to remove those catalogs, what lookup
mechanism would replace them?  We can't exactly drop the encoding
conversion functionality.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: SELECT INTO deprecation
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Deprecate custom encoding conversions