Re: dblink connection security

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dblink connection security
Дата
Re: dblink connection security  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Did you mean s/trust/ident/g, otherwise I don't think I understand the
> above...

Both trust and ident local auth are sources of risk for this, although
ident is particularly nasty since the DBA probably thinks he's being
secure.

For that matter, I'm not sure that *any* auth method except password
offers much security against the problem; don't LDAP and Kerberos
likewise rely mostly on process-level identity?  And possibly PAM
depending on which PAM plugin you're using?

I'm not sure whether this is something to back-patch, though, since
a back-patch will accomplish zero for existing installations.

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: dblink connection security
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: dblink connection security