Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> After thinking about this I only see two options:

> 1) Don't apply the patch and tell everyone using ltree_gist they need to
> rebuild the index after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13+. The downside of this
> is larger indexes (because some tuples are 20B larger).

> 2) Apply the patch + tell those who already upgraded from 12 to rebuild
> ltree_gist indexes, because those might be broken due to new inserts.

Yeah, let's fix it and advise people to reindex those indexes.
Won't be the first time release notes have contained such advice.
Plus, it sounds like we'd have to advise people to reindex *anyway*,
just in a slightly different set of cases.

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: remove more archiving overhead
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13