Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that we get either of these.  I had
> gathered from Max's comments that the dead-revision-at-the-base-of-the-
> branch trick is considered standard in newer CVS versions, and so I'd
> hoped that cvs2git would understand the construct and not generate
> either of these commits.  Possibly the hacked-up revisions I inserted
> are enough different from the regular kind to confuse it.

Hah: a bit of digging in the cvs2svn sources found this:
 def _is_unneeded_initial_branch_delete(self, lod_items, metadata_db):   """Return True iff the initial revision in
LOD_ITEMScan be deleted."""

   if not lod_items.cvs_revisions:     return False
   cvs_revision = lod_items.cvs_revisions[0]
   if cvs_revision.ntdbr:     return False
   if not isinstance(cvs_revision, CVSRevisionAbsent):     return False
   if cvs_revision.branch_ids:     return False
   log_msg = metadata_db[cvs_revision.metadata_id].log_msg   return bool(re.match(       r'file .* was added on branch

So it looks like I have to make the dead revisions' log messages match
that regexp.  Off to make another try.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)